We provide individual rehabilitation programs by specialists of The Sigulda Hospital Rehabilitation Center.
Individual rehabilitation programs
Experienced doctors – rehabilitologists develop the necessary rehabilitation program for each patient’s individual needs. The program can be designed for a period of one week up to several months, depending on the patient’s needs and preferences.
Wide range of rehabilitation methods
- Water Therapy. Pool, underwater massages, pearl bath, therapeutic showers, mud baths.
- Physiotherapy exercises. Individual classes with physiotherapists. Deep knowledge and skills of specialists will help you understand and put back in the order your skeleto-muscular system.
- Sling therapy. A method developed in Norway for strengthening the movement and balance apparatus. Sling therapy is used for stabilizing the spine and joints; improving the mobility of the spine and chest; stretching and strengthening specific muscles or muscle groups; stretching the neck, waist area, shoulders, or hips; treating movement and balance apparatus problems, head or back aches, joint arthrosis, post-traumatic conditions; and providing therapy for people with jobs that require long hours of sitting.
- Massages. Various types.
- Ergotherapy. Called also a work therapy. It helps patients to retrieve the ability to perform specific daily tasks that demand the use of the hands – getting dressed, eating, signing one’s name, and driving a car.
- Physical Therapy. Procedures that take effect on the organism through the skin, breathing channels, cells, and organs, thereby reducing pain, normalizing traumatized organ functions, and heightening the organism’s powers of resistance.
- Biofeedback. An innovative medical & psychophysiological diagnostic and physiotherapy method when individual can sense it’s body processes and make them purposefully controllable. Biofeedback, combined with other rehabilitation methods, is considered the most effective treatment of urinary incontinence. But it is also used to treat migraine, chronic back pain, sleep disorders, depressive symptoms with pain syndromes, disturbances after stroke, epilepsy, asthma and others.
- Art and music therapy. Helps a lot to restore speech capability and emotions.
- Exercises for Pregnant Women and infants. Water aerobics for women. A baby swimming pool. Massage and rehabilitation classes for infants.
Also specific specialist consultations such as – neurologist, psychologist, surgeon, urologist, gynaecologist, narcologist and others - are available during the rehabilitation program.
Curative and relaxing environment
The Hospital is located very central in Sigulda – one of the most beautiful cities of Latvia. For it’s beauty Sigulda is frequently referred to as “Latvia’s Switzerland.” In the winter, Sigulda turns into a sports center with its own bobsled and luge track (one of 17 in the world). Athletes from all over the world train at the track, which also hosts annual international races. Sigulda has several skiing centers – both for cross-country skiing and for downhill skiing. In the spring and summer Sigulda is a magical place for hiking, biking, and boating, but in the fall people from all over the country come to see the leaves turn colors. Sigulda is also home to various well – preserved historical sites and ancient legends that offer insight into our collective past.
We recommend our customers to combine a rehabilitation program with walks and relaxation close to nature. We also organize sight seeing tours to show the nature beauty and historical heritage of Latvia.
In order for us to develop a rehabilitation program that fits your needs, please do not hesitate to send your contact information and we will get in touch with you shortly!
Certification: Republic of Latvia, Ministry of Health, Sertificate for Rehabilitation Ward R-81.