Sigulda Hospital in Latvia
You are welcome to visit the new website of Sigulda Hospital bariatric services – www.weightlosslatvia.com
We are here for your needs – to help you reach your weight loss goals and prevent or improve diseases and health disorders that may be caused by obesity. We are team of weight-loss surgery professionals and will guide you through the beginning of your weight loss journey!
Is bariatric surgery right for you?
The bariatric surgeon will assess your eligibility and need in surgery from your questionnaire, medical history and conversation. However, if you consider improving the quality of your life, changing and maintaining your habits and improving your health, the weight-loss surgery can be a perfect tool for you!
Body Mass Index criteria for weight-loss surgery:
- BMI is over 33 and you suffer from diabetes type II
- BMI is over 35, and you have additional health disorders caused by obesity
- BMI is over 40
Surgery at the leading bariatric hospital of Latvia
The Sigulda Hospital in Latvia specialises in bariatrics since 2009. Gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy surgeries are performed by qualified specialist surgeons using world’s latest technologies. Friendly and caring medical personnel provides the utmost care before and after the surgery. Patients from Latvia, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, UK and other countries appreciate the service as well as the calm & recovery friendly environment of the hospital.
Weight-loss surgery package
The expenses on both, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy 6-7 days surgery package with us is only 5370 € (4600 £) now! (previous
6450 € ( 5870 £))
The package includes:
- Consultation (written or online)
- Documentation (also visa support)
- Meet& greet at the Riga Airport
- Ground transportation & personal English speaking assistance
- 1st night hotel accommodation, if necessary
- Pre-operation health examinations (blood, urine, ECG, USG, chest Xray, gastroscopy under light anaesthesia)
- Surgery by certified, skilled bariatric surgeons (UK GMC registered)
- Intensive care
- Stay at cozy, equipped and MRSA free hospital
- Instructions on continuous lifestyle and follow up
- Follow up
Additional cost is only for stay of an accompanying person with you at the hospital.
Post-operation care and follow up
During your hospital stay, your surgeon is going to instruct you on –
- the post-operation lifestyle, activity, potential risks and actions you should make in different situations,
- you will receive also written instructions for continuous lifestyle and diet recommendations,
- vitamin, mineral and other medication use recommendations and prescriptions,
- statement from the hospital for your GP.
- We will keep in touch with you after the surgery at certain periods to monitor your success and provide you consultations, comments, recommendations, view your blood test results up to 2 years after the surgery. You will also have an access to our email and phone support after that period.
Our customer reviews
I couldn’t be more pleased with my stay and treatment in Sigulda hospital. Nurses and staff were friendly and caring, always ready to help with a smile. My room was comfortable and clean. Doctor Kozlovskis was very competent and visited me often. I’ve also had a quick recovery that I am certain is due to the wonderful care, I was given in hospital. From a very happy customer in Sweden, Lawona
Living in Mainland Europe there is sometimes a stigma attached to developing countries such as the Baltic states, Poland etc…so although I had visited Latvia on a few occasions, I was a little bit nervous about having surgery abroad. However from the very first email, the fundamentals were explained with great detail and guidelines set out clearly for before and after. Upon arriving in Riga airport I was greeted by Ilva and made to feel comfortable, shown around Sigulda, and put up in a nice boutique hotel in the centre of the town. In the hospital everything was smooth and well explained, and the help from the medical staff and doctors was 10/10. The operation and after pain was nowhere near the same pain that I had read about…after 2 days I was walking around the town, and felt as if I was recovering already. The doctor provided me with updates and good, precise advice on what to eat and drink, and at what stage. This operation was only 3 months ago and has changed my life in a massive way. The best money I have ever spent! John, United Kingdom
Sharon, Ireland: “If you are reading this then you might know what it’s like to fight a war with yourself every hour of every day – and how exhausting it can be and so you tire and give in only to be faced with shame followed by an extra few pounds/kilos on the scale and then the war starts again the next day… I tried everything to combat my weight and for a few years I won the battles by becoming “healthy” and “fit”. I ran marathons, cycled to work, did everything “they” say to do but food/weight was always my enemy and my internal struggle was always there.
Eventually I just got tired, burnt out, and stopped fighting. No more exercise, no more diets and naturally my weight ballooned. I lost the battle. It took about a year for me to admit even to myself that I needed help – I can say that now – I needed help and so I got help.
I contacted Ilva in Nordmed and she was wonderful – as were all the staff – no question was unanswered and I was so well taken care of. Three months in, 15 kilos down, back in the gym, back to being me and for the first time in my life I feel that I might have the tools to win this war …. even if it took a little help…”
Read more of our customer reviews on the first page of our site!
Step by step
- Please leave your message for us! We will contact you as soon as we get it!
- You will be kindly asked to complete a personal questionnaire for the surgeon.
- Next you are going to receive surgeon’s recommendations for the best of surgeries for you.
- You will choose a date and receive your personal treatment plan.
- We are going to agree on your flight details.
- An agreement and invoice are going to be prepared for you.
- We are going to meet you at the Riga airport and bring you everywhere as planned, so, you can only think about your personal feelings and planned surgery!
Read more about the Sigulda Hospital!
Read more about bariatric surgeons!
Nordmed Tour on Facebook
What to expect after a weight-loss surgery
The significant weight loss after the surgery will make you feel better, will lead to having more energy and mobility and will let you experience an improved quality of life. You will feel happy to return back to more active life with your family and friends, work and your hobbies.
The weight-loss surgery improves or resolves more than 40 several conditions related to obesity – improves type 2 diabetes by 92 – 98%, reduces mortality from cancer by 60%, improves coronary artery disease by 56%, improves skeleto muscular diseases, sleep apnea, hypertension, hyperlipidemia. This will make you feel better physically, mentally and financially!
No doubt, there is also risk of complications after the surgery. Yau have to be informed there may occur early risks in the first days after the surgery. To maximally avoid them, all necessary preventions are done and additionally our international patients stay longer in the hospital under control of the surgeon and medical personnel 3-4 days after the surgery. You will be secure and controlled.
There might occur also later risks that are going to be explained to you during your first conversations with your surgeon, also the action plan in those situations is going to be explained. Risks are lower than with any other surgical procedure, and if you follow your doctor’s instructions and make regular check-ups and controls, more likely you will live happily ever after.
You can read more about gastric bypass surgery risks here!
You will have to learn product values, make new habits and forget some of previous ones. We will provide you recommendations and information and we believe you will feel more comfortable in your life than before.
You will have to find or maintain the most pleasant and comfortable physical activities for you to keep your muscle strong and to improve your skin tone.
Useful links for your support after bariatric surgery
Bariatricpal.com – one of the most active weight loss surgery forums. Forums for each type of bariatric surgery, nutrition, weight loss, mental health and other.
Obesity Help – great variety of forums – for each type of the surgery, nutrition, exercise, also forums for men, by country and many other.
Thinner times forum – also great variety of themes. Thousands of users.
Bariatric surgery support group on Facebook – an open page to share and read from other post-ops.
Eating & recipes
Bariatric eating – more than 317,000 bariatric post-ops, get menus, recipes, other info.
Bariatric cookery – long term post bariatric surgery nutrition, recipes.