Treatment with CyberKnife M6®
CyberKnife® technology is a high precision modern radiation therapy technology, especially suitable for treatment of cancerous and non-cancerous tumours that are located in hard to access locations, for example, brain and spinal cord, moving organs, prostate, lung, kidney, pancreas, liver.
Stereotactic Radiosurgery Center Sigulda
Stereotactic Radiosurgery Center Sigulda is the only CyberKnife® treatment provider in the Baltics and the cost of the treatment varies, depending on patient needs and type of necessary treatment, but overall it is between 7500 EUR and 15 000 EUR, which is much more affordable comparing with same treatment costs in Germany and UK.
The CyberKnife M6® radiosurgery equipment at SRC Sigulda is the latest model in the CyberKnife® equipment series. It differs from previous models with its many options for modifications. The M6 model ensures the widest range of possibilities for adapting the form of the radiation field.
SRC Sigulda specialists:
- Dr. Dace Saukuma, radiologist therapist
- Dr. Maris Mezeckis, radiologist therapist
- Dr. Vladislav Burik, neurosurgeon
Benefits of CyberKnife® Technology
- treats also inoperable tumours
- painless procedure
- healthy tissues are maintained
- practically no complications
- out-patient procedure, no hospital stay needed
- no need for a long rehabilitation after the procedure
- one can return to normal daily life immediately
Depending on kind, shape, size of tumour, the CyberKnife treatment can be prescribed to use in combination with a surgical treatment.
Nordmed Tour will help you to plan and organise your treatment at “SRC Sigulda” at no extra charge.
Read more about the CyberKnife® technology.